Treatment Rheumatology

Reactive Arthritis

Treatment for reactive arthritis typically includes medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin and ibuprofen, antibiotics, topical skin medications and eye drops, as well as methods of protecting the joints. You also may be referred to another specialist, such as an urologist or dermatologist, to receive treatment for specific syndromes.

UCSF Health medical specialists have reviewed this information. It is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or other health care provider. We encourage you to discuss any questions or concerns you may have with your provider.

Seeking care at UCSF Health

Expand Map