Pregnancy and Cardiac Treatment (PACT) Program
The UCSF Pregnancy and Cardiac Treatment (PACT) Program provides multidisciplinary, specialized preconception and prenatal care for women with heart disease. Our patients include women with acquired heart conditions, such as cardiomyopathy and arrhythmias, as well as birth defects of the heart (congenital heart defects).
Our goal is to help women achieve the best possible health and pregnancy outcomes. The PACT Program team – made up of specialists in maternal-fetal medicine, cardiology, obstetric anesthesia, critical care, nursing and social work – has successfully managed hundreds of pregnancies since the program was founded in 2008.
We see patients on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at the Obstetrics, Gynecology & Perinatal Specialties at Mission Bay – Fourth Street Clinic. You must have a doctor's referral to make an appointment.
- Obstetric/maternal-fetal medicine and cardiology consultations during pregnancy
- Specialized cardiology services (interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, cardiology subspecialties)
- Perinatal genetics testing
- Prenatal fetal echocardiography
- Specialized labor and delivery unit
- Neonatal intensive care
- Special anesthetic management during labor
- Specialized pharmacy services
- Mental health services
- Postpartum maternal follow-up program
Doctor referral required
Great Expectations Pregnancy Classes
Get ready for the baby! Choose from a variety of classes that prepare moms and partners for pregnancy, birth, baby care, breastfeeding and parenting.
Lactation Consultant Support
Get support for all your breastfeeding needs. Troubleshoot with a lactation consultant, find equipment and supplies, join a support group and more.
Women's Health Resource Center
Access a range of UCSF women's health resources, such as classes, support groups, a lending library and services focused on pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.
Gynecologic Surgery & Urogynecology at Mission Bay – Owens St.
1500 Owens St., Suite 380
San Francisco, CA 94158
Obstetrics & Gynecology at Mount Zion
2356 Sutter St.
San Francisco, CA 94143
Obstetrics, Gynecology & Perinatal Specialties at Mission Bay – Fourth Street
Ron Conway Family Gateway Medical Building
1825 Fourth St., Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94158