Complex Contraception Clinic
The UCSF Complex Contraception Clinic serves women with medical factors that complicate their options for birth control. We provide all methods of contraception, including (though not limited to) long-acting reversible contraception and sterilization. Patients who may benefit from our services include those who have:
- History of cancer or current cancer
- Cardiovascular disease
- Seizure disorders
- Developmental delay
- Received an organ transplant or undergo dialysis
- Conditions for which they take teratogenic medications (medications that may cause birth defects in the event of pregnancy), such as Accutane
- Clotting or bleeding disorder
- Spinal cord injury
- Uterine abnormality
- History of difficult insertions or removals of intrauterine devices or contraceptive implants
- Dissatisfaction with or side effects from previous or current contraceptive methods
Case Management and Social Work
Connect with a team that can help you find resources, solve problems and advocate for you during treatment at UCSF.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class
This eight-week UCSF class teaches mindfulness practices, such as meditation and body awareness, that can reduce stress and improve your overall health.
We welcome feedback about your experience at UCSF Health. Find out how to contact us with comments, questions or concerns.
Spiritual Care Services
Chaplains representing many faiths are available around the clock to provide support, comfort and counsel to patients, families and caregivers. Learn more.
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of your medications, including dosages, plus any you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.
Gynecologic Surgery & Urogynecology at Mission Bay – Owens St.
1500 Owens St., Suite 380
San Francisco, CA 94158
Obstetrics & Gynecology at Mount Zion
2356 Sutter St.
San Francisco, CA 94143
Obstetrics, Gynecology & Perinatal Specialties at Mission Bay – Fourth Street
Ron Conway Family Gateway Medical Building
1825 Fourth St., Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94158