Acute Care Clinic at Montgomery Street
Need quick access to expert medical care?
For urgent, non-life-threatening adult medical issues that need attention right away, call the UCSF Acute Care Clinic at Montgomery Street to make an appointment with a UCSF doctor or nurse practitioner. We offer video visits whenever possible and appropriate for your care.
No referral is required. We're open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. (closed for lunch, noon to 1 p.m.).
- Diagnosis and treatment by experienced UCSF clinicians
- Video visits
- On-site laboratory and radiology
- Online patient portal
- Free parking
- Most commercial insurance plans accepted
- Cost of services often significantly less than at an emergency room
- Convenient location near the Embarcadero, between Fisherman's Wharf and the Financial District
Conditions Commonly Treated
- Cough, cold, fever
- Flu symptoms
- Earache, sore throat, strep
- Eye infections, such as pink eye
- Sinus pain
- Headaches, migraines
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Back and neck pain
- Sprains, strains, joint pain
- Rashes, skin infections
- Minor burns
- Minor cuts and injuries
- Blister, cyst, abscess
- Animal and insect bites (minor)
- UTIs (urinary tract infections)
- Gynecologic concerns
- STIs (sexually transmitted infections)
We are not an emergency room, so if you think you might be experiencing a life-threatening emergency or are having symptoms such as serious shortness of breath, chest pain, or sudden paralysis of your arms or legs, call 911 immediately or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
Paying for Your Visit
Most services at the Acute Care Clinic are provided at a significantly lower cost than they would be in an emergency room, and many health insurance plans collect a lower co-payment for an acute care facility.
Insurance coverage: We accept most commercial insurance plans, international travel insurance (with a valid U.S. address) and credit cards.
Please note that office visit co-pay amounts are collected at the time of service. Before your appointment, be sure to verify with your insurance carrier that UCSF is an in-network provider for your plan. Your insurer can also tell you whether your plan requires you to pay an annual deductible before it pays for your visits.
Self-pay visits: If you’re planning to pay for your visit yourself, our office staff will collect a deposit due at the time of your appointment. We offer several convenient ways to pay, including these credit cards:
- Mastercard and Visa
- American Express
For amounts not collected at the time of service, you may pay your bill by mail, by phone or online.
Case Management and Social Work
Connect with a team that can help you find resources, solve problems and advocate for you during treatment at UCSF.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Class
This eight-week UCSF class teaches mindfulness practices, such as meditation and body awareness, that can reduce stress and improve your overall health.
We welcome feedback about your experience at UCSF Health. Find out how to contact us with comments, questions or concerns.
Spiritual Care Services
Chaplains representing many faiths are available around the clock to provide support, comfort and counsel to patients, families and caregivers. Learn more.
Plan your visit
If you live in another country and are coming to UCSF for medical
treatment, our patient liaisons can help coordinate all aspects of your visit.
UCSF offers language services at no charge for patients with limited
English, as well as for patients who are deaf or have trouble hearing.
Checking into the hospital? Find helpful information by clicking on the relevant “Your Hospital Stay” booklet: Mission Bay, Parnassus or Mount
Your Doctor Visit
See our top 10 tips for making your UCSF doctor’s appointment as stress-free and productive as possible.
What to Bring
- A current list of any medications you take, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamin supplements and herbal products
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Your insurance card and copayment, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
- A deposit if you will be paying for the visit
Acute Care Clinic at Parnassus
400 Parnassus Ave., First Floor
San Francisco, CA 94122
505 Parnassus Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94143